Are You Moving To Florida?
If you’re a fan of warm weather, sandy beaches, and plenty of sunny days, Florida is a great place to live. The Sunshine State attracts thousands of newcomers to its sandy shores – and it’s not hard to see why. From the lack of state income tax to the sunny weather, there are plenty of reasons to love calling Florida home.
Florida offers residents a relatively low cost of living and access to good jobs, low taxes, and a burgeoning public school system that’s drawing young families to the state. The state has major industries like tourism, construction, banking, healthcare, aerospace, and defense. For anyone looking to move to Florida, there are plenty of great places to stay.
If you are thinking about relocating to the Florida area, here are some facts that may help you in planning such a move, it’s not a secret that Florida has countless beautiful beachside towns to choose from. Most people who move to Florida have something for everyone, if you are really interested in moving to Florida I am going to give you some things you need to know before you move. and it is crucial to know what are the pros and cons of living in Florida. Because Florida can be a paradise, but there are also negatives about living here too.
If you’re moving to Florida, there are a lot of things you’re going to need to know. Luckily, you’ve come to the right place.
Moving to Florida
Moving to Florida Pros and Cons
Here are a few pros and cons to consider as you make your move to the Sunshine State:
- It is hot and sunny most days. As well as just being more pleasant, this means that you can plan an outdoor event knowing that the weather is likely to be good.
- There is no state income tax. You’ll just have federal taxes to worry about.
- There are lots of world-class beaches and state parks to enjoy. Even if you live inland, the beach is never far away—you can venture out to the coast and be back home the same day.
- There are lots of theme parks—Disney, Universal Studios and Busch Gardens—and leisure/recreational venues for the whole family. There’s never any reason to get bored in Florida.
- Florida is completely flat, and it can make driving around tedious. If you like mountains, hills. and valleys, this state is not for you.
- Some areas of Florida can be very touristy and over-commercial, especially in the Orlando area.
- There is very little public transport—you have to drive everywhere. The only land travel alternatives to the car are buses, which offer only a very minimal service in most places.
- South Florida suffers from high crime rates and a very high cost of living in some places.
- The drivers are terrible. The roads are generally good, but there is a lot of low quality, unsafe, and crazy driving that takes place.
The statewide sales tax rate in Florida is 6%. Additionally, some counties also collect their own sales taxes, ranging from 0.5% to 2.5%, which means that actual rates paid in Florida may be as high as 8.5%. According to the Tax Foundation, state sales tax rate is currently 6%. Depending on city, county and local tax jurisdictions, the total rate can be as high as 8%.
As of March 2021, the typical home value in Florida is $ 289,799. This value is seasonally adjusted and only includes the median price level for homes. Florida home values have increased 12.7% over the past year.
What Should I Know In 2021?
Today, the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity announced the statewide number of private sector jobs increased by 18,800 over the month, resulting in twelve consecutive months of job growth. Florida’s unemployment rate slightly increased to 4.8 percent in April 2021, still remaining below the national average of 6.1 percent. Florida’s labor force was up 73,000, bringing the April 2021 total up to 10,243,000.
The unemployment rate in the Orlando area was 5.6 percent in April, down 12.1 percentage points from the April 2020 rate. The Orlando area private sector employment increased by 52,600 jobs over the year. The industries gaining the most amount of jobs over the year were trade, transportation, and utilities, gaining 18,500 jobs, and education and health services, gaining 12,000 jobs.
Get a Quote
What Our Clients Say
Moving is such a stressful experience but this company made it very easy. I was able to get a quote and schedule my move without any issues. The movers showed up early and completed the job in the time i was quoted with no issues. I would absolutely recommend them to a friend and use them if i ever move again.
Such a great company to work with, they provided me a smooth move! They were very professional, all of my items were in the same shape as they were in my prior home, nothing broke along the way and absolutely nothing went missing! Such a perfect move!
These guys are great.............Everything was smooth and easy.......I would highly recommend for anybody who is moving......local or long distance...we moved from southern Calif to Prescott...all good...If you want the best then you want Real Movers
What a extraordinary first experience using a professional moving company! The move was very organized and quick, I have also been very hesitant to use a moving company, expecting a huge bill, but Real Movers was very affordable! Thank you guys for an amazing job!
I have used Real Movers twice, and both times I have been impressed with their efficiency, communication, and care. They are a great team.
Real Movers made my move easy and stress-free. The cost was less than anticipated, From the time I first contacted them for a quote, and throughout the time prior to the move, communication was ongoing. They were the first company I contacted and didn't feel a need to obtain any other quotes.
Amazing price, amazing service. Real Movers made great work. They were polite, prompt, careful, and Strong! They took the stress out of me, forever thankful..highly recommend!
Traffic & Transportation
Florida’s public transportation options vary by city, as each has its own infrastructure and transportation businesses, Uber and Lyft are great, but if you’re in Orlando, FL, and looking for the best downtown transportation, you have to try one of these!
but here are some general suggestions:
- Public transportation: For short trips within the town, try the bus or trolley. Google Transit can help you map out a route.
- Bicycle: A handful of cities, including Punta Gorda and Miami Beach, offer bike-sharing programs.
- Shuttle service: Florida Shuttle Transportation offers service between most major cities.
- Amtrak: It’s convenient and affordable, without the security hassles of flying.
- CVBs: Call the local convention and visitors bureau for advice from the folks who know the city best.
Cost of living
Florida is not the cheapest state to live in, but it’s not the most expensive either. The cost of living varies considerably depending on the part of Florida, from the super expensive to the very reasonable. Your experience will also be influenced by the place that you come from because that’s what you’ll compare it to.
Because Florida is a popular destination for celebrities, retirees, and families chasing warmth and sunshine, housing in high demand. Though the price of groceries, utilities, and general expenses are comparable to the United States average, what makes Florida more expensive is the cost of housing—the average home costs $255,695, whereas the median price for a U.S. home is $480,800 dollars. Do keep in mind, however, that these prices may vary widely depending on which country you’re looking to live in.
Considering its popularity amongst retirees and rich people with vacation homes, it’s not so bad. Keep into consideration, however, that the minimum wage in Florida is $8.25—far below $11.75, which is considered to be a livable wage.
Moving to Florida
Things to Know When Moving to Florida
Moving is one of the most exciting and overwhelming events in our lives. While there are many moving companies and various different resources to choose from, there is only one Real Movers. If you are in the process of planning a long-distance move, and you are looking for a moving company you can trust, Real Movers is your perfect choice.